The grand opening of the International Specialized Exhibition EXPO-2017 took place on June 9 in Astana (Kazakhstan). The representatives of over 100 countries and 22 international organizations got ready to present future technologies to guests as well as Kazakh companies would present their ideas to the world.
As always transport is demonstrating its ability to attract and implement innovations showing the example of fast change. Following is a review of transport premiers at EXPO-2017.
- A solar-powered bicycle could be seen in Monaco pavilion. It was designed and created by the students of Monaco Technical Lyceum. The bicycle can run long distances using electrical power without stops for recharge.
- Czech Republic is presenting electric buses of Skoda Electric Company. Similar vehicles already run in Plzen and Třinec. Electric buses in Czech Republic had proven to be the most reliable and cheap in maintenance. An electric bus model was created by means of 3D-printer specifically for EXPO-2017 is different only in its original design.
- Besides electric buses, Czechs presented an electric bicycle that can run up to 200 km per day. The bicycle is operated through a display on handlebar or through AGOGS Control application in a smartphone. In Europe, electric bicycles are most widespread in the Netherlands and Germany.
- French company Peugeot also presented an electric bicycle at the exhibition. Power – 250 W, weight – 25.7 kg.
- One more French exhibit is a folding scooter with electric motor. Charge time is just 60 minutes. Weight – 8.5 kg. Power – 500 W. It keeps the speed of 12 km/h in autonomous mode.
- There are also many cars at the exhibition. French concern also presented new car - Peugeot Quartz Concept as a high technology car with the compartment made of innovative materials.
- Eco-transport is on show in the pavilion of Germany. Here you can find both cars and two-wheeled means of transportation.
- However, there are countries at the exhibition, presenting the projects in the process of elaboration. For example, Uzbekistan distinguished itself with Hybrid Matiz. The car is equipped with a hydrolysis unit that produces hydrogen from water during movement. The model is under testing. One more innovation - a model of a solar-powered electric car. The photo panels on the roof feed accumulators and two electric motors. The car is charged with solar energy while parked.
Future cars with solar charge are also presented in Kazakh pavilion.
The exhibition will last until September 10, 2017.
For more details please vizit the EXPO site